Tuesday, June 19

A Train...

I just wanted to first say that I needed to post for "A Train to Potevka" before I could step up to Zippy.

I really enjoyed this book. It had interesting stories and intrigue and held my interest. However, like so many of you, I found it difficult getting past the writing at times. He is a great story teller and the writing is just as though he were telling you the story as opposed to me reading the story.

I love spy stuff, so knowing that this was essentially a true story made it all the better. I have often wondered in my life what it would be like to be a spy in the truest sence of the word. Would it be hard to be LDS? Would there be a lot of intrigue? Where would I be, etc. Knowing me, however, I would have probably ended up in the middle of North Dakota translating something or other...not very exciting.

Thanks for having us read this. It was interesting to see the spy game in action.

Michelle

No comments: