Tuesday, February 13

Fablehaven

I apologize for being really late with my posting. I finished the book about two weeks ago, and just haven't made the time to write anything.

I really enjoyed Fablehaven. I really could just say "Ditto" to everything that everyone else said. I too appreciated the idea that we don't always see things as they truly are. It made me wonder how much goes on around us that we are completely unaware of. The section where the kids discover that the insects are attracted to the mirror was puzzling until the reader was made to understand that the insects were fairies. The author was very adept at throwing in twists and turns that were very unpredictable. Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I had no idea that the hen was Grandma, that Kendra would go to the Fairy Queen for help (So I could have guessed at that one.), that Lena would be turned back into her original form, the fairies would become human sized, and etc. I was also annoyed with Seth. He was an idiot. I wanted to like him for being an adventurous boy, but I was disappointed by his inability to be obedient. I've always been an obedient person, so I, at times have little patience with those who aren't. My poor children.
It was a fun read, and I look forward to reading the sequel. I need to read the first one to my kids first.

1 comment:

Katie said...

It's interesting that you say you were disappointed in Seth's inability to be obedient because you've always been an obedient person - I can totally see that about you ;-). I was also disappointed in his disobedience, but for a different reason. I often walked the line between obedience and disobedience, so I understand a little defiance. However, it's a totally different thing (stupidity?) to understand consequences and still blatantly disregard the rules.