Wednesday, January 9

Mea Culpa

Hello fellow Les Liesuses! Hope you had a good holiday season and the new year is treating you right.

I just wanted to apologize for not being better at posting. I finished reading "These is my words" on time and enjoyed it a lot (though I must confess that the first "chapter" had me a wee bit freaked out I'd have a twangy narration going on in my head for the rest of the book. I'll forever be grateful Savannah taught Sarah how to read and spell better!), but missed posting my review for so long that I got a bit embarrassed to do/say anything about it. I'm so glad it turned into a romance with Sarah and Jack (even with the sad ending) verses the unnerving travelogue of Indian violence, rape, pillage and plunder. It also made me, yet again, grateful for flush toilets (heck! all indoor plumbing and modern appliances) and feminine hygiene products and ob-gyns.

Speaking of the latter, and somewhat explaining my sad participation as of late, is the fact that I am pregnant with our fourth (and probably last) baby and have, quite frankly, been very ill with this one and consequently have become a slacker in many aspect of my life. I just have a few weeks left before I'm done with my first trimester and hopefully things will balance out and I'll start feeling normal again. So, I'm sorry I missed Snow Flower...it sounds really interesting and I was appreciatively aghast at the foot binding pictures (ye gads! I feel bad for ever complaining if my toenails get a bit snaggled-toothed). And I have loved reading all the insightful comments everyone has contributed. You ladies are so smart and insightful and I really appreciate everyone's discussion. It truly is a pleasure to be part of this group and I hope to get back in the saddle, so to speak.

:) Laurenda

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congratulations, Laurenda!