Thursday, September 6

I loved Eclipse!

I feel so warped being taken to Forks for 3 consecutive super-long books. It's been almost a week and I still can't snap out of that world. Once I think I am back to normal, I'll run into someone that has read all the books and get all wrapped up in it all over again.

Seriously, something is wrong with me! I relate to Bella on too many levels. I read Katie's post on Monday and thought, "Man, I can't write a review now! I've felt that kind of love for two people, having to choose one. She'll think I'm a total bimbo!" So there you have it. Once upon a time, I did have those deep torn feelings that Bella had for two special people (and similarly, they were both as understanding of my feelings for the other party - that good-bye scene with Jacob tore me up). Maybe that is why I am so warped by these books. It's taken me to a place I miss and don't want to think about at the same time. It's so surreal I can't even begin to explain myself.

So anyway, I appreciate Laurenda

3 comments:

Katie said...

I don't think you're a total bimbo. ;-) In an interview I saw with Meyer, she feels that people who have been in love will be able to understand Bella being torn by two loves. That's you. Edward is still my favorite. I will be interested in Danielle P's review, as (from what I understand), she LOVES Jacob.

Karen said...

Gina,

You're brilliant! I didn't even see it. Edward is compassionate and understanding, in part, BECAUSE he can read people's thoughts! He really knows what is going on with them. In a sense, it is like Jasper, who can feel people's feelings. That made a change in him (no longer the cruel vampire) just like Edward's gift may have led to the original change in him. What a cool idea!

D said...

You are definitely not a bimbo. :) Just a lucky girl!

Edward definitely has the advantage because he can read thoughts. I like your connection to it making him compassionate too.