Sunday, November 27

Short & Sweet

Yes, these two books were "Short & Sweet". I really enjoyed both of them. I ended up reading "Skylark" first. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would have been nice to have some attachment to the characters going into it. The writing was beautifully poetic. I too appreciated all that was said without words.

I thought that Sarah was an inspiration. How courageous she was to leave behind all that she knew and loved to go to a place and to people that she only hoped that she could love. How often in life do we cling, for too long, to what we know and trust, and consequently miss out on what we could have.

I appreciated the selflessness of the children. I don't know if I'd be willing to accept a stranger into my heart and home.

I did enjoy the stories, but find that I have little to say. I can't wait to find out what the next book will be.

Karen B.

1 comment:

Katie said...

courageous. Good word. I know that I, for one, sometimes cling to what I know rather than dare for the possibilities.