Saturday, April 18

Really Late Post for "The Alchemist"

I really liked this book. I was interested in some of the comments that you all made in your reviews. My thought is, that having grown up in the church, many of the author's insights, seemed like common knowledge, or common sense to me. I've been spending a lot of time with my nonmember neighbor, and I'm realizing how much I take my upbringing for granted. I can see why this book would be life altering for people.

I was inspired by the authors introduction. In following our dreams, or finding our own legend, he says that we have 4 obstacles;
1. We're told that it's impossible.
2. Love.
3. Fear of defeat.
4. Fear of realizing our dream.

I can see how those obstacles have played out in my own life, and kept me from pursuing activities and interests that could have been very fulfilling for me.

It was a good pick. Thanks!

No comments: