Sunday, February 5

I FINISHED ON TIME!

Ladies,

I, like KT and Laurenda, had a hard time getting into this book. In fact, at about page 86 I wasn't sure I was going to make it. However, once I got into it, it was a great story. I really wanted to figure out what the Havenites were up to and what Honor was going to do about it. (I love the name . . . "Honor." So appropriate. It's also KT's and my great-great grandmother's name. She was a survivor, too. A single mom in England with three sons and a daughter to raise. The name added to my connection with the heroine.) I also enjoyed the political and historical allusions.

I, like Katrina, did some skimming over what my son, Jeff, calls "techno babel" such as "If they pop out of hyper right at the hyper limit on a reciprocal of Sirius's present course . . ." I kind of rolled my eyes, especially when it went on for pages. I just wanted to get on with the story.

I also thought Laurenda hit it right on with her comment about the language . . . why should our curse words have survived gazillions of years and a plague to show up in Honor's world? I thought the language was gratuitous.

But all-in-all it was an enjoyable read. Thanks, Katrina!

1 comment:

Miss L said...

Hi Karen!!!

Just wanted to let you know that Katrina wrote an interesting comment to me re: the language issue. So, you might want to check it out!!!!

Hope everything is going well!!!

:) Laurenda