Monday, February 9

3 Bags

I was disappointed as well by the conclusion of the book. She set up that great discovery of the other man's body by Ham and George, and didn't tie up the loose ends. We heard about the video tape, but that was the end of that. She was also so vague about George, his relationship with the pious lady, his wife, the other woman, and his daughter. I suppose that since the sheep didn't understand the complexity of human relationships, that the author didn't feel the need to explain in more depth. I was also depressed by the lack of human happiness in the book. The book was full of unhappy marriage, drug abuse, unfulfilled dreams, etc. Where's "la joie de vivre"?
On the flip side, I did appreciate a lot of the humor. There were times that I laughed out loud over what one of the sheep said, or the conclusions that they came to. I was planning to quote a few examples, but I already passed the book along. It was a fun book to read, but not a real page turner for me.

I did have the little jumping sheep at the bottom of my page. Very cute.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Yes, the jumping sheep in the corner was the most entertaining part of the book. I didn't get past page 45. God bless Katie for letting me stop forcing myself to read two pages a night and literally fall asleep only getting that far on each attempt. Sheep make me sleepy and appropriately so.